Monday, March 9, 2009

Portmarnock - Mar 7th 09

With my wellies on and my rain jacket in my handbag, I thought I was well-prepared for a long stroll along Portmarnock beach. Temperature had dropped during the night, but I just ignored. When I started my walk, the weather was brilliant.





I could see the Wicklow mountains covered with snow, then the sky turned dark slowly.




I thought I might make it back without being hit by that weather change. I was wrong. Unnecessary to mention that it was extremely windy, but now it starting hailing. It was quite painful. I had managed to put my rain jacket on and to hide my face in the hood, but it still hurt. I walked faster back toward the dunes. And then, as suddenly as it had started, it ended and the sun returned.



No comments:

Post a Comment