Monday, February 9, 2009

Again Portmarnock - Feb 8th 09

When I awoke that Sunday morning and looked out of my window, everything was white again. To tell the truth I considered staying in bed. But on the other hand, snow and sea seemed too attractive for that. I put on my wellies, my new-bought had, my winter-jacket and my gloves and left the house.
As expected, it was freezing, windy and beautiful. The nearby mountains were still covered with snow...


















Of course it started drizzling on my way back from the far end of the beach. And it was wet and cold, until I reached Malahide where I ate some hot soup and chatted with a nice local woman whose children live on three different continents, Ireland, America and Australia. When leaving the coffee shop, the sun had come out and although my feet started to hurt from yesterday, I couldn't resist, but had to walk back to Portmarnock and along Malahide beach...





When I arrived back at Portmarnock beach, the snow was gone and the sun was shining. It was warm and not windy at all. However, I was too tired by now to walk along the beach for longer and just returned to Dublin.


No comments:

Post a Comment